Friday, April 27, 2012

ONE YEAR AGO TODAY.....

Today, April 27th, marks the one year anniversary of our successful victory in our Jury Trial. One year ago today, a man was put away for life (196 years to be exact) for crimes he committed towards me on May 16, 2010. I will never forget that feeling as the judge read the final decision of the jury. My heart leapt out of my chest…and honestly all I wanted to do is break down right there...because all the fear of him being released....built up over a year…could finally be over. I did not break down …(if you are familiar with court rules, you are not supposed to show emotion until the jury is excused.) I remember my mom squeezing my hand so tightly (I knew she could hardly stand it) and I remember Logan taking my hand and holding it between both of his and kissing me on the forehead. When I stood up my dad gave me the biggest hug and we didn’t say anything and then he whispered in my ear, “It’s over sweetheart. God is so good!” Truly one of the hardest weeks (emotionally) of my life, but the Lord saw us through. He was there in that courtroom and he has been with us since that day! Today I write, out of complete gratitude, not only to my Heavenly Father, but to all those who came to support us, who defended us(prosecutors), protected us (detectives, LR Police, and my victim witness coordinator) and for the men and women on the jury, who changed my life forever that day! I am so grateful for the friendships made and for the sovereignty of God. To Him be the glory!




“In all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” –Romans 8:28

“Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” –Joshua 1:9

“The joy of the Lord is your strength.”- Nehemiah 8:10



No comments:

Post a Comment