Wednesday, September 5, 2012

WIFEY WEDNESDAY!

I subscribe to Proverb 31 ministries for daily devotionals. I love getting them. They are relativly quick reads and they always pull at my heart and challenge me! My mom sent me a link to one today...and it happened to be one I missed. It was perfect and came at the best time. It's title was "People Pleasing" and it was exacty the confirming words I needed to read. Over the years I have worked on not "spreading myself too thin" and I have to say I've gotten pretty good at it! I'm a planner by nature, I like organization and I like everything to fall into place (HA!) Being able to decide what I can committ to and what I have to step away from at times can make me feel like all I say is "no, no, no." The truth is I often do say "yes" but God has laid it on my heart over the past year that saying"no" is equally important...and as a wife (and for many of you as a mother) it could be one of the best gifts you give your family. Our hearts should be ready and willing to say yes to the Lord and yes to a friend in need, yes to socializing, yes to projects, yes to signing up at church and work and in  the community..... but we also have to step back  and know that when we give ourselves and our time to one thing, something else always suffers. I promised myself a long time ago that my family will not take the backseat to my to do list and committments. As a wife, it is my responsibility to my husaband to not put so much before him...that I have nothing left to give! After reading this devotional...it did my heart so much good because I often have a guilt complex about letting others down by not saying "yes." This put it all in perspective and re-affirmed in my head what I know to be true. I hope this link article is a breath of fresh air for you....it certainly was for me!

It is ok to say no and not feel guilty about it! AMEN!
http://www.proverbs31.org/devotions/#.UEdU40wKfZg.email


No comments:

Post a Comment